The current business model of felyx is quite straightforward: people pay a fixed price for the minutes they reserve, drive, and park a scooter. As monetization manager, you will explore new business models and ways to monetize felyx’ fleet of scooters.
As urbanization is rising and the air quality is deteriorating, we feel the need to make our cities greener and healthier by offering a sustainable mobility solution. Besides, we offer a new and fun way around town! At felyx, everybody within their own expertise is contributing to a cleaner city by making swift door-to-door transportation the new status quo. We are working together as an ambitious team of entrepreneurs, operators, marketers and engineers, and are looking to grow as we scale the business throughout Europe. Felyx is one of the few micro-mobility players in the world that is EBITDA positive on group level with a fleet of around 3,000 e-mopeds. We are a young company with more than a hundred employees, working in the operations and at the head office in Amsterdam. You can describe us as passionate, ambitious, entrepreneurial, and transparent. Do you share our DNA? Great! Join our ride!
Your everyday job is to set up new business opportunities for felyx. We could offer subscriptions, vouchers, discounts, rewards, loyalty programs and more to improve the customer experience, but also our bottom-line. All these new initiatives should motivate and encourage the users of felyx’ to engage more and/or better with our product. Are you overflowing with new proven ideas? Then we are looking for you!
Here’s the challenge
As our first monetization specialist you’ll take the lead in developing, planning, executing and managing new and scalable monetization initiatives and propositions. In addition, you are responsible for building the monetization strategy, from a data-driven idea, through a concept, implementation, test and analysis and development.
You will be thinking out and steering sales and marketing initiatives to get traction and momentum around monetization strategies and do all of this within an inspirational and innovative scale-up environment.
To accomplish this you will:
- Set up and manage efficient processes around new propositions
- Analyze the possibilities and construct business cases to present to the management of felyx
- Set up pilots and experiments with customers and rolling out successful initiatives
- Iterate on initiatives and continuously learn, optimize and improve
- Take into account the user experience and technical setup of new propositions
- Analyze and forecast the bottom-line impact, and monitor KPIs after rolling out experiments and initiatives
- Perform ongoing tracking and report on monetization initiatives
- Manage budgets, internal and external resources to achieve KPIs and improve continuously
- Share learnings with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Involve and manage stakeholders in- and outside the organization to ensure a seamless product experience
We get truly excited if you
- Have 2+ years of experience in managing the monetization strategy of other (mobility) companies or in roles that are relevant for this position
- Have been responsible for revenue outcome in previous jobs
- Have experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably managerial
- Show proven analytical competencies, are data-oriented and comfortable with presenting data and analyses
- Are strongly self-learning and have analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude. The ability to define, measure and conclude A/B tests is a plus
- Have a strong familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint for financial modeling and the creation and communication of business cases
- Are a self-starter with strong planning and project management skills to drive projects forward
- Are able to start from a blank slate and learn how to build new and successful propositions from the ground up
- Are able to present your ideas clearly to others within the organization
- Understand and appreciate working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Have exemplary communication skills, with the ability to understand and help others understand how business opportunities and financial analyses relate to the company's strategic position in the market
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Are proficient in written and spoken English and optionally Dutch, with a third language (like German or French) as a plus
What's in it for me?
- An ambitious team of entrepreneurial colleagues with a lot of passion for our mission
- A transparent, fast-growing and inspirational work environment in which you are able to take the lead over your own career and will get challenged to make us grow!
- Unlimited holidays. Say what? That's right! We value the fact that everyone feels free to go where they want to go in order to flourish while working
- You never have to worry about transportation anymore since you will get free felyx minutes!
- We want to invest in your future: a good pension plan is therefore in place (1/3 employee, 2/3 employer)
- Part of our family? That means that we care about your personal family. Therefore we offer 6 weeks of paternity leave with 100% salary for all (upcoming) dads
- We take your development very seriously and encourage you to grow with the company and within your role
- Once we are able to go back to the office (hopefully soon!), we offer a tasty and healthy lunch
- Given the current circumstances, we find it only fair to offer you the material you need to do your job optimally
- Last but not least: fun, freedom and trust! We're not scared to work our butts off, but this is only possible once we all experience joy in the work that we do every day
We are very proud of the fact that we have been named by LinkedIn as a top start-up to work at for the second time in a row, together with many other prestigious awards we’ve received since our start in 2017. We are operational in the cities of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Delft, Groningen, Eindhoven and Brussels and will be launching 10 more Dutch cities in 2020 and 2021. Next to that, we have a strong focus on scaling up internationally.