Lead data scientist
Over the past few years, we’ve been able to rapidly grow our fleet and team. Last summer we have launched our operations in Germany which marks the further expansion of our international journey.
At felyx we use data in every part of our business to lead the market. As our number of data driven applications is increasing rapidly, our Data & Analytics team seeks a new Lead Data Scientist to become part of our international expansion.
We are looking for passionate people to join our team, ready to bring the transportation revolution to the world. Exciting times, with exciting challenges.
So, are you ready to beat the streets?
If you are someone that wants to be part of a group of entrepreneurial people who share a revolutionary mindset and work at a fun office, keep reading!
Here is the challenge
In the Data & Analytics team, the mode of operation is characterized by plenty of experimentation, a short time to market and end-to-end responsibility from the first exploratory analysis to management of production pipelines. This is achieved by efficient cooperation between a motivated group of Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
As the Lead Data Scientist at felyx, you manage a team of talented Data Scientists that is responsible for development and maintenance of our machine learning applications. These applications include time series models, classification models, vehicle routing algorithms and computer vision tasks. The variety of models and techniques makes the job challenging but very rewarding in terms of professional development. A data driven way of working is truly in the felyx DNA so expect plenty of interaction with other departments on the performance of your models.
What you’ll be doing at felyx:
- Develop new machine learning applications that improve our product, increase operational efficiencies and contribute to the growth of our customer base
- Improve existing machine learning applications by continuous retraining and invest in the robustness of our machine learning pipelines
- Act as the main point of contact for senior management with respect to the data science roadmap and strategic plan
- People management and coaching of team members
- Drive the implementation of the new tools and techniques within the team, while always keeping the needs of business users and stakeholders in mind
- Communication at all levels: change management for business users by conveying complex topics into easy-to-understand messages; host internal presentations and knowledge sharing sessions; present to and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders
And important not to forget: we encourage you to grow with the company and within your role as we are continuing on our journey towards world domination. Just kidding, market leader in Europe will do (for now).
When are you perfect for the job:
- Have a proven track record in turning machine learning models into end user applications
- Have an academic degree in Data Science, Operations Research, AI, Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics or a similar field
- Have at least 2 years of experience leading a team (team- or project management experience)[AK1]
- Have experience with driving the identification, implementation and embedding of Data Science use case into an organization
- Know how to translate the outcomes of Machine Learning models into actionable insights for business stakeholders
- Have extensive experience with the most common Machine Learning frameworks in python
- Are comfortable with SQL, Docker and bash scripting
- Have excellent communication skills in English
- Share the felyx mindset: critical thinking, ambitious, self-starting, social and you don't take yourself too seriously
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in working with geospatial data or machine learning models in a mobility context
- Have deployed machine learning pipelines on GCP
- Enjoy riding a felyx
Benefits for you:
You will work in a transparent, fast-growing and inspirational environment in which you are able to take the lead over your own career and will get challenged on a daily basis!
And next to that:
- 29 paid days off on a full-time basis: 28 on the roll and a day off on your birthday! (yay!)
- You will get free felyx minutes, of course.
- We want to invest in your future: a good pension plan is therefore in place (1/3 employee, 2/3 employer).
- We offer 6 weeks of paternity leave with 100% salary for all (upcoming) dads.
- Great office with great food options, just 10 minutes from Amstel Station.
One more thing: Don’t worry about buying a suit just yet, our interview process will be online or by phone, and the office dressing code is: be comfortable and come as you are!
Okay, one last thing: In case you are doubting if you meet all the requirements, still apply! We love people and we don’t hire based only on words and cv documents.
And, if you might know someone who fits the requirements better, don’t be afraid to share it with them! We have a variety of openings and you might both end up working at Felyx. If you are a smart person and are excited about the company, you will most likely find a place here.At felyx we believe that the best workplace is one that represents the world we live in today. This means we believe that diversity in the broadest sense of the word connects us and drives us forward as a company.We believe that diversity goes hand in hand with different perspectives. It is these different perspectives that can help us become better and more innovative in finding solutions for our customers.And because we believe this can be achieved, we are looking for colleagues who are intrinsically motivated and bring the right experience. Gender, age, sexual orientation or origin will never be a factor and will never become one.