Felyx is expanding! The coming years we are facing hyper-growth in The Netherlands and the rest of Europe. Therefore, we are looking for an ambitious DevOps engineer to make our applications the most resilient and maintainable they can be!
As urbanization is rising and air quality is deteriorating, we feel the need to make our cities greener and healthier by offering a sustainable mobility solution. And being a fun way around town is, of course, a great bonus! At felyx, everybody is contributing to a cleaner city within their own expertise by making this swift door-to-door transportation the new status quo. We are working together as an ambitious team of entrepreneurs, creatives, operators and engineers, and are looking to grow as we scale the business throughout Europe.
Do you share our DNA: self-starting, social, driven and a great sense of humor? Great! Join our ride!
Here's the challenge
You will guide the Tech team in building scalable and cloud-native software which complies with the 12-factor app principles. You will participate in architectural discussions, making sure that we can scale our software horizontally. You will be responsible for shaping the infrastructure that makes this possible, and for sharing knowledge about this within the whole Tech team. In short, you will enable software iterations with effortless deploys, rollbacks, monitoring and alerting in order to make felyx even more successful and serve our customers better.
Existing DevOps experience is a must for this position, but we also care about general engineering skills. Our ideal candidate has a few years of experience in Ops or in software development with a focus on Operations. Striving to develop high-quality, maintainable applications is important for us, as is being familiar with fundamental software engineering best practices to ensure the quality of our product. You will be part of our engineering team, which consists of 8 other team members.
We get truly excited if you
· Have at least two years of experience in designing and maintaining cloud-native applications
· Have experience with Bash, Python or Golang
· Have a deep understanding of load balancers and scaling databases
· Are experienced integrating and working with REST or GraphQL APIs
· Know your way around Git, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
· Have strong abstract reasoning skills and an agile and pragmatic mindset
· Have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English
Bonus points if you
· Have experience in writing software for other parts of the stack, e.g. back-end or front-end
· Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
· Have contributed to open-source
· Have Golang experience or are motivated to learn